Monday, September 21, 2009

The Night Out....

1.7

It was almost 6 months now, me getting busier in job and Payal she was with Ritesh in weekdays and on weekends when she used to be at home sulking and drinking (I will be telling you about Payal later, today I am in mood to write about myself).

One Saturday morning when Payal was off for her official visit to Banglore, I called my call center friend asking her plans for weekend and as usual she was going to have a blast again and was equally excited that I will be joining her. For her I was the a techie angel who was always their to help her with major issues but for me being a normal technical resource were quite simple to handle that any body could do.
What to call her say Meera, a calling agent who was always talk of our floor of what she is wearing today and if she is out in smoking lunge. She was a bindaas girl with an attitude of work harder and party harder. Handling the most difficult modules of calling her boss used to be quite happy with her to give her frequent offs and ignoring her regular smoking and her out of the blue rather short and sizzling dresses.

I dressed consciously in jeans and tube top covered with a white shirt.
Well I was actually 23 and without a man in my life, saw myself in mirror the afternoon and had to go to parlor to get the hairs done.

She was going out for a party to a pub in C.P. which I have also heard was one of the best. I have been out earlier loved dancing but that was with the protective cover of Payal and her friends. That day I was alone and free.
Meera came on an a cool SUV driven by a handsome guy with the front seat empty for me she was sitting behind with her current boy friend. For me without Payal going with her was a making be nervous. I was there and all of them were smoking sharing the same cigarette which I suspected was not only tobacco. While the music inside was groovy and lively laughter of Payal and his boy friend Vicky another calling agent waiting to go for MBA to US and passing his time for a couple of months in the calling job which he said would improve his Accent and also his rich dad wanted him to have fun. He owned the SUV and the guy driving was his cousin Mahi

While the SUV scrolled through the road Payal and Vicky actually started kissing at the back seat with the sounds which actually made me awkward and Mahi noticed it making the music louder and started talking to me about movies and video games. I sensed his care but still felt that he was another Vicky types looking for the nights fun with a lonely girl.

As we reached the Bouncers knew all three of them quite well and we found a place at last corner of Disc from where we could see everybody over there, the Disc was packed and most of them were guys like us and few foreigners. The music DJ was awesome who was playing the songs in a sequence sensing what people are going to like next, it was dark lit up with blue roads of light at the bar which was making it look like the only street light on in a long dark street.

People around me were of many types some happy as happy that they were not so through the whole week, some lost friends, everybody appeared happy all around with the effect of the liquor nobody can be like this but yaa that place was a happy place some glances being exchanged so banging on each other pouring a drink on other cloths no body actually minds.

In that happy happy place around me which was dark with bodies moving in a grooving layers.
At our table Mahi was out to fetch drinks and Meera and Vicky in their own world, Meera talking countinuosly about everything she could think of, about with how much effort she found the lip gloss she is wearing which he destroyed and the string he wears on his neck which always causes her rashes. It was on and on when they both disappeared in the dancing floor. When Mahi came we were alone and he started talking about me and was listing with interest about my interest in books and movies he was right in front of me. And made me feel a lot comfortable but that was a loud place the more I spoke louder I was already down with four Breezers and was in a happy mood like anybody else around me.

He was there with now a more bright eyes and wider smile, the gelled hairs now shining making the long well settled lines visible and making I believe every women around him tempting to touch his hairs and destroy it completely.
Neither him nor me were really interested to dance while Meer and Vicky came had a shot and went back to dancing.

He finally broke the silence when he trying to listen me clear came and sat next to me on the same couch…

6 comments:

  1. Hey !!

    MIRRORS DO LIE !!
    The name got me here honestly..!!
    A very innovative and heart felt name :)

    Wonderful !!
    Keep blogging :)

    Best wishes :)
    Pankhuri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pankhuri, I will need your comments as well on my writings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice attempt...!!!keep cmn wid such stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...ws good to read abt u along with Payal's story..... Now waiting 4 the next part of both of ur lives....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You Jaunty and Urvashi, these comments are encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ..liked your post..would like to read more:)

    ReplyDelete